www.keepamericaatwork.com; Virgil Bierschwale
Personally I always believed we were smarter than the previous generations and we would not repeat their mistakes.
The last 8 years of corporate imposed destitution have made me realize that we have learned nothing since the days of Marie Antoinette.
I bring this up because in today’s newsletter from The Daily Reckoning, I found these two items:
There is a natural law about societies where, over time, the rich end up with just about everything ($13 trillion more wealth in the past 10 years) while the rest keep loosing until society falls apart and there is Revolution or some form of Redistribution. This is one of the big factors that is eating away at our society and economy now and knocking out the middle class, the consumer and it is accelerating.
These rich have no interest in helping with their added wealth but would rather have the elderly, middle class, poor and sick pay up. This is like a cancer eating up our economic health that few people understand. And it will end badly, soon.
And this one will be the cause of the first one.
From my own perspective, we don’t care if you get filthy rich.
But we do care when you utilize your resources to prevent us from achieving what we are capable of.
Your advice about selling in metropolitan areas and moving to less expensive areas is solid advice, even today.
In 2003, I sold a house in Virginia I had bought for $56,000 in 1976 for $375,000. My new home is in Western, PA and cost us $70,000. With improvements of about $70,000, it is now worth about $150,000 despite the current housing market.
So what are we rich boomers doing with all that cash and income from Social Security? Well, like others, our children are not so well off as they raise their young families. Our retirement funds and income help to support three other families. Cut my Social Security income as in “no inflation” for the last two years and it now affects four families.
I doubt that the Federal Government cares anything about us as it just takes! I am fed up with hearing about how the new and better medical program will help me. Frankly, the government is my beneficiary. If they can get me to die at a younger age, they can then have more for all those “poor” people who have manipulated the system.
I have worked three jobs at one time just to help my self and my three children. The government is full of fools who are totally oblivious to the real world outside of the DC area. Our government is no longer trusted and respected by its middle class. We have heard too many lies.
The statistics offered every week to the general public have been so manipulated that no one trusts them anymore. Unemployment is only 9.1%!!! Do they think we are fools? Well, yes I guess they do or they would not be continuing to tell us the lies they do.
- Here Comes The Imminent Flight of U.S. Capital (businessinsider.com)
- Stormy Skies for Canada’s Middle Class (beyondrisk.wordpress.com)
- The Causes of Wealth Inequality (19): Talent, Effort or Luck? (filipspagnoli.wordpress.com)
- Redistribution: Where You Stand is Where You Sit (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Mean Street: Obama Won’t Say It, But Americans Are Corrupted (blogs.wsj.com)
- Should American wealth be redistributed by taxing the rich? (via Cafferty File) (techweev.com)
- American Thinker: Progressive Fallacy Number 667: Wealth Redistribution Creates Societal ‘Harmony’ (gds44.wordpress.com)
- What do we have to show for trillions of dollars of stimulus money? (tjrouill.wordpress.com)
- The Battle Is About Giving More Money to Rich People, Not About the Size and Role of Government (businessinsider.com)
- Audio- Obama in 2001: The Redistribution of Wealth is akin to “Political and Economic Justice” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)