Nearly three decades ago, Britain sent a naval task force 8,000 miles across the ocean to retake the Falkland Islands from Argentina.
But today things have changed. This week Argentina’s Christina Kirchner personally welcomed the first British Falklander to ask for Argentine citizenship.
- Argentinian president ridicules Cameron over Falklands (guardian.co.uk)
- Argentina condemns Cameron remarks (mirror.co.uk)
- Falklander rejects British citizenship (independent.co.uk)
- Argentina and the Falklands: A background post (hotair.com)
- White House Backs Argentina in Falkland Dispute (foxnews.com)
- 29 Years Ago Yesterday (charioteers.org)
- Argentina grants ID card to man born in Falkland Islands (telegraph.co.uk)
- Falklands hero’s son becomes Argentine (telegraph.co.uk)
- Special Relationship update: Obama sides with Argentina, Hugo Chavez on Falklands (hotair.com)
- Britain can do ‘nothing’ to prevent Argentina retaking Falkland Islands (telegraph.co.uk)
- Britain a ‘crude colonial power in decline’, says Argentina’s president Cristina Kirchner