From Huffington Post
The owners of an Ohio restaurant touted last week by President Barack Obama as an indirect beneficiary of the government’s Chrysler bailout said Thursday that tough times are putting them out of business.
New Chet’s Restaurant in Toledo, which opened in 1973, will close Sunday.
Richard and Berlyn Lawrence decided about two weeks ago that it was time to call it quits.
Richard Lawrence said the restaurant once sold 50 of its popular farmer’s omelets each day and stayed open round the clock for 31 years.
But business dwindled after voters passed a smoking ban in 2006.
Read the article here.
- Obama name-check can’t save Chet’s Restaurant (cbsnews.com)
- One Week After Obama Mentions Restaurant In One Of His “Success Stories”, It Goes Out Of Business (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Restaurant Obama Cited Last Week as Bailout Beneficiary Going Out of Business (michellemalkin.com)
- Restaurant Obama Cited Last Week as Bailout Beneficiary Going Out of Business (kajunman.wordpress.com)
- Why George Soros unable to create ripples in gold market (commodityonline.com)