From CNBC Exclusive
The U.S. is approaching a financial crisis worse than 2008, Jim Rogers, chief executive, Rogers Holdings, warned CNBC Wednesday.
“The debts that are in this country are skyrocketing,” he said. “In the last three years the government has spent staggering amounts of money and the Federal Reserve is taking on staggering amounts of debt.
“When the problems arise next time…what are they going to do? They can’t quadruple the debt again. They cannot print that much more money. It’s gonna be worse the next time around.”
The well-known investor believes the government won’t shut down in August if agreement isn’t reached on raising the debt ceiling, but he did say “draconian cuts” are needed in taxes and spending, especially military spending.
“We’ve got troops in 150 countries around the world. They’re not doing us any good, they’re making enemies. They’re costing us a fortune,” he said.
Read it here (inclusive Video).
- Financial armageddon looms for U.S. as fall budget crisis approaches (theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com)
- Jim Rogers: “Bernanke Is A Disaster” Who Will “Bring QE Back” | zero hedge (yzerfonteinchronicles.blogspot.com)
- Jim Rogers Is Short One Big American Bank But He Won’t Say Which One…. (businessinsider.com)
- Jim Rogers: Get Ready, Soon The UK Will Need To Be Bailed Out (businessinsider.com)
- Jim Rogers On BBC Hardtalk (odetocapitalism.com)
- Jim Rogers Explains The Crisis That Could End The China Boom (businessinsider.com)
- Jim Rogers, where do you see new opportunities? (investmentpostcards.com)
- Jim Rogers: Time to exit gold and silver? (investmentpostcards.com)
- Jim Rogers Unplugged (businessinsider.com)
- Jim Rogers: Why gold can go higher (investmentpostcards.com)
- Jim Rogers: Invest in commodities in China (commodityonline.com)