Cuban leader Raul Castro on Thursday welcomed as a major event the upcoming establishment of a new regional bloc that aims to achieve better integration within the Americas.
“The OAS is the result of the Cold War, an instrument created for Latin America and all the doctrine invented in the Cold War,” said Castro, adding that Cuba will never return to the OAS.
He said that CELAC will represent all countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, and serve as a forum for regional integration and development without the political influence imposed by the United States and Canada.
Read it here.
- Yankees, Go Home! by Cindy Sheehan + Zelaya Returns to Honduras (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Venezuela’s Chavez promotes new regional group (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Venezuela’s Chavez promotes new regional group (sfgate.com)
- ALBA Leads ‘Collective Rejection’ of U.S. Sanctions Against Venezuela (redantliberationarmy.wordpress.com)
- Venezuela’s Chavez promotes new regional group (foxnews.com)