From Al Jazeera
At least 15 people have been killed in northwest Pakistan following an explosion on a truck carrying fuel bound for NATO forces in Afghanistan.
The blast took place on Saturday in the Landi Kotal area of the Khyber tribal agency, officials said.
The victims of the explosion were mainly young people who had gathered to collect oil from the tanker, Shafeerullah Wazir, a local administration official, said.
“The oil tanker caught fire after a blast caused by a small bomb before dawn,” he said. “Villagers from nearby houses rushed and started collecting oil coming out of the destroyed tanker after the fire had been extinguished.
“Suddenly the fire erupted again and at least 15 people, including five young boys who had been collecting oil in their buckets, were burnt to death.”
Read the rest here.
- Deadly Pakistan Nato tanker blast (bbc.co.uk)
- Pakistan Official: NATO Tanker Blast Kills At Least 15 (huffingtonpost.com)
- Pakistan official: 15 killed in NATO tanker blast (sfgate.com)
- Pakistan official: 15 killed in NATO tanker blast (foxnews.com)
- Bomb hits oil tanker in Pakistan; 16 dead – CNN International (news.google.com)
- NATO tanker blast kills 16 in Pakistan (presstv.ir)